How to use the colour key and match the thread to the pattern
- Find the thread number on its middle black wrapper.
- Match the thread number to the colour key.
- Use the colour key to match the thread to the pattern.
- Find the centre of the Aida cloth by folding on its length and width.
- Find the centre of your pattern by looking for where the two red lines meet.
- Match your thread to the colour key, then to the pattern.
- You may wish to write the thread number on the pattern itself, especially if you have two similar colours.
- Mark your progress on your pattern with pencil or highlighter, crossing of the rows as you go. Trust us, this will save you time and effort re-tracing your steps / re-counting your stitches.